Track Plan

Here is the track plan for my layout.



(Click on the image to enlarge it.)

Each square represents nine square inches, while a distance of four squares represents a foot.

The layout size is approximately nine by eight feet. A staging area will be added later, either in the form of a sector plate or a two track yard.

Minimum radius is thirty inches on the mainline, and there are no grades.

The two dotted lines that cross the layout represent the joints between the modules. The town module is six feet long, the two outer sides of the corner module are each three feet long, and the third, countryside, module is five feet long. 

To anyone reading this who lives in Canada, happy Canada Day!

Comments

  1. I like you plan. It's simple but an excellent representation of a small town with it's diverse customers. The way the tracks find their way between the structures will be visually impressive. Good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting- it's nice to hear another opinion about my layout plan. I enjoy your Hedley-Junction blog very much and find it very inspiring.

      -Sam

      Delete
  2. Hi Sam:
    I just discovered your blog. What a great prototype, and I really like how you're interpreting it in your space.
    I was asked once about designing a layout based on the Norway branch, for a friend. I researched it but before I could put pencil to paper my friend changed his mind. Still, I sure enjoyed looking at photos of the branch - for example, in the Morning Sun book on the GT in New England - and thought is a terrific subject for a layout. Glad to see someone else thinks so, too.
    Cheers!
    - Trevor (Port Rowan in 1:64)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment. The Norway branch is a very interesting prototype to model. Your Port Rowan layout and blog influenced my choice of the Norway branch quite a bit as you showed that a small branch line terminus can be interesting to model.
      -Sam

      Delete

Post a Comment