Foam Board Added

I added foam board to the layout q few days ago. I used one inch thick foam board to provide a layout base. The inch thick foam board is fairly sturdy and can easily support trains and scenery if it is decently braced underneath, I think. 

 I added foam board to two of the modules. The third module already had foam board attached to it.
I started by marking the shape of the needed area onto a sheet of foam board. I then cut it out with a small kitchen knife.

For the five by one foot module, I simply cut out a piece of foam to the exact size.
For the corner module, I used two pieces of foam board that I cut to fit the module and then glued together using woof glue. My cat sat behind the layout and supervised everything.

This is how the layout looks now with all of board attached. Now I can begin shaping basic landforms and laying track.


Comments