Stream Banks: Carved

This afternoon, I finished the initial carving of the stream banks. While the stream banks are not ready for scenery yet, as I still have to smooth them out more, I think that they are starting to look good. I carved the banks following a photo of the stream leading to the Grand Trunk bridge in Norway.
The picture shows stage stream as it looked while I was carving the banks. I used a knife to carve progressively smaller strips of foam from the edge of the stream bed to eventually attain a curved and natural looking stream bank.

This picture shows the section of stream located in the viewing side of the layout after it had been carved. The rail bridge will be located where the carved sections end.

Looking up the stream towards the bridge, as seen from the stream bed.


Looking downstream towards the bridge. You can see the stream banks on the far side of the layout in the sides of the foreground. The stream banks look the most realistic in low level photographs.

Looking at the stream bank on the near side of the layout, as it would be seen from the Grand Trunk bridge.

Comments