Modeling Maine Railroads- 50th Post

After posting my recent post on the Mattawamkeag freight house, I realized that I had 49 posts on this blog. So I thought I would write a special post for the fiftieth post on the blog to describe some of what has been done recntly, as well as what I am planning to work on next.

My recent projects have included building the Mattawamkeag freight house, as well as expanding and tweaking my freight car fleet. I have posted about both topics fairly extensively. I also recently built basic scenery on the countryside straight module on my layout. While I will do a post specifically about that soon, I thought that I would share a few views of the basic scenery here.


Obviously, it's very basic and does not look much like Maine at the moment as there are no trees. However, I am pleased with how it is coming so far.


This is a low level shot that I took that I think turned out pretty well. It's noce to have some semi finished scenery on the layout, both to look at and to take pictures of.


The gondola crosses an overgrown gravel road that I added to the layout.


Now that I have discribed, in not much detail, what I have recently done, I will list some of the projects I have planned.

My next project will probably be to scratchbuild a house based on a prototype house along the tracks in Mattawamkeag, Maine. I am hoping to start on this project in the next few days. In the next month or so, I am planning to scratchbuild a model of the Maine Central stattion at Mattawamkeag. 

The reason that I am planning to scratchbuild so many structures from Mattawamkeag is because I have started planning a new layout based on the Maine Central and Canadian Pacific at Mattawamkeag. I am planing to center the layout around Mattawamkeag and the junction between the Maine Central and Canadian Pacific located there, as well as some of the mainline to the New Brunswick border that was jointly operated by the two railroads. I do not yet have a definite space for this layout, so a track plan will have to wait a while, but I will post more about my design thoughts on this later.

So, that explains some of what jas been covered in the first 50 posts on this blog, and what will hopefully be covered in the next posts. Hopefully, I will have a layout depicting Mattawamkeag well under way by the 100th post!

Comments