Modeling Maine Railroads - 100th post

100 posts - that's quite a few posts. While about a fifth of these posts were wordless wednesdays, so they didn't require much in the way of effort or thought to write, I have put a good number of posts on this blog.

While there isn't anything particularly significant about reaching this number of posts, there is a bit of a feeling of accomplishment about this blog. At the moment, the blog has around 6400 pageviews all time, and the most viewed post is the post for the trackplan I drew for Maine Central's Penobscot Street Spur (which perhaps says something about what I should be modeling, but I digress). Overall, I think that the blog has been quite successful, and O've gotten some very good ideas out of the comments that I would never have thought of otherwise.

I took some time this evening to clean up the blog a bit, as the header was getting rather messy with mispellings, out of date information, and an old photo. I thought it was time to get the blog into better shape, and I think that it looks better for it.

As for modeling, I haven't been inactive, but I don't really have a great deal of progress to show for my recent efforts. Mostly, I haven't settled on a prototype to model, so that has stymied layout building and structure building efforts.  I am hoping to settle on a prototype soon, and I have almost settled on modeling CP Rail in Houlton, Maine. I'm still not quite sure, and I haven't drawn up any layout plans as of yet. I'll post more about my layout design thoughts in a seperate post soon.

I'm hoping to settle on a specific layout design soon so that I can start scratchbuilding new structures for the particular location. Wherever I finally decide to build a layout of, I will need to build a number of agricultutral warehouses for the layout, and I am looking forward to working on building sich structures in the near future. In the meantime, I have a small pile of Accurail kits for 70s era boxcars that need to be built, so that will give me something to work on.

On to the next hundred posts!

Comments